On 17 Mar 2004 at 18:54, John Forbes wrote:

> That's true.  But manufacturers have to take a bet on what they think the
> market will want, and plan accordingly.

No one in their right mind could possibly have wanted a digital camera with a
less than full frame sensor which needed new lenses for wide angle work.

I'm glad they didn't see fit to change the film format size each time they
introduced a K mount film body.

Of course sensor cost contributed to their decision to us an APS sized sensor
but why try to make it a permanent fixture.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998