John Forbes wrote:

I suspect that Pentax thinks the future is digital,

And you, of course, believe film based units will continue to outsell digital???????????????/ :-[

and will over the next few years abandon film ,and therefore the 35mm format. I doubt that Pentax will release any new 35mm lenses or cameras after they have dealt with what is already in the pipeline.

In other words, they do not (I suspect) intend to support two formats in the future.

John