From: Keith Whaley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sonntag, 11. April 2004 12:44
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: NEW_PUG - questions

If there is general agreement on the submitters supporting the PUG, I think
a pay-per-post is a bad idea.
I think an annual or semi-annual "fee" is a good idea.
What is needed? And who will work it out? $20 semi-annually? Or $20/annum?
What?
There are costs involved, in one way or another, subtle or plain, that need
to be met by the users. Rationally, who else should?
What does the ISP, or server or whatever is involved, require of the site,
in order to keep the server and site up and running efficiently.
It isn't free.

All something to think about. Whatever the cost of running and maintaining
the PUG happens to be, it should not be borne by the site maintainer, the
moderator, or the putative head, who actually do all the work to keep it
going.

Just my 2 cents.   keith whaley