"Dario Bonazza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The *ist features no diaphragm simulator, just like the
>*ist D, hence with pre-A lenses it will meter and shoot at full aperture
>only (aperture priority) or not meter at all (manual).
>
>Can you call this compatibility? Pentax says it depends on how you define
>compatibility...
>In my opinion, accepting lenses and not metering/stopping down aperture is a
>very poor compatibility.

Agreed. Which brings us back to the original statement of mine that I
would consider the wonderfully small *ist as a replacement for my MX if
it offered full compatibility with K and M lenses. Then again, I don't
know how much film I'll be shooting at all from now on...

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing