Unlikely for the IS lenses.  I'll bet that Pentax will go with the in-camera
stabilization by moving the sensor like Minolta-Konica.  This is a much easier
approach compared with replacing the entire lens line.  I now this does nothing for
film, but Pentax just can' afford to invest much in film anymore.  They are going to
have enough trouble keeping up with digital, and that is where all the money is.

Maybe Hypersonic motors for AF however, that works all around.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pål_Jensen écrit:

> Personally, the possible limitation of the MZ-S with possible future lenses doesn't
> really bother me that much. I want another MZ-S to primarily be used along with the
> Limited lenses and a couple of older K mount lenses; all with aperture rings. As my
> Limited lenses are chrome and my current MZ-S is black, I want a chrome MZ-S this
> time. I hope the MZ-S Limited will also be available in chrome finish. The volume of
> 5000 units may perhaps indicate that Pentax will sell it outside Japan or is the
> demand that high in Japan alone? Pity though if they don't sell the Limited body
> alone without the 43mm lens; some of us already have all the Limited lenses!
>
> Pål

Sorry, I miss the thread...

Anybody can give a working link to this news with pictures ?

I heard that some FA lens might be stopped (such as 80-200mm f/:2.8 FA )
and be replaced.
May be it is the beginning of the stablisation and the new motorized lens ?