Clover wrote:

> By the way you demonstrate me something, being a pentaxist fan do not make
> you smarter.
> May be you prefer to stay in your own opinion, that is a choice I can
> understand.
> This is like bible, you may or not trust the reliable facts inside. But if
> you come with the intention of not believing , you will never understand.

I'm glad you said that this is about beliefs and its apparent that for you this is
religion. You ask people to blindly believe whats published in CDI and you apparently
do it in spite that your own test contradicts CDI's tests. Now thats belief!
 I believe in my own experience with lenses. In fact, I bought that five star  tested
CDI lens. I expected stellar performance. In fact, the result was so far off any five
star mark that I promptly assumed that my lens was faulty. I sent it with complaints
to a poor Pentax repair man who measured it at every means and shot test rolls and
compared it with other lenses of the same kind. Mine was found perfect and optical
quality was indistinguishable from other lenses of its kind. So much for CDI tests. I
guess I should accept that my not so sharp slides was really great and that this must
be hallucination on my part. I should blindly believe in CDI and disregard my own eyes.
BTW I found exactly the same light fall off at the cornesr you did. Also the same less
than sharp performance. Strange for a lens thats as good as they come according to
CDI. Why don't you stop asking people to blindly believe. Why not look at the facts.
I'm certainly convinced that you won't find any users of the A* 85/1.4, A* 135/1.8 or
A* 300/2.8 that would rate it at "3" on a scale from 3-5. This is compared to any
other lens.
I'm not saying that anyone should believe ME or anyone else. Just that they should
believe their own result and don't blindly follow magazine test because they rarely
are accurate. However, my experience is that among Pentax users with firsthand
experience from lenses, there isn't much disagreement or controversy. People mostly
agree on lenses and dincrepancies is at best minor - theres a remarkable degree of
consensus. And in spite of what that CDI guy implies, theres absolutely no blind
Pentax following here. Both lenses and cameras get bashed regularly when they deserve
it (and sometimes when they don't).

> The fact that they answer in a such anger only show how much they trust
> their tests because of their experience. As you feel hurt when someone hits
> your sons or daughters.

I have no doubt that they perform their test in a reliable and repeatable manner and
that the test itself its trustworthy - nobody accuse them of falsifying tests. But
that is not what this is about. The point is how this test translate into meaningful
information about real life use.

Pål