John,

Agreed. If they were planning to release a model on the level of the D30/D1
with similar price range, I would definitely consider it.

Would I pay 4-6 times the cost of my pocket digital camera (Coolpix 880) to
be able to use my set of lenses? Definitely yes! 8-10x? I would have to
hesitate at that one...

Cheers.

Jeff