p.s. I think what happened is that someone introduced the industry standard line to the debate in an attempt to move the argument onto different ground from that which I was arguing at the time - I can see how this could confuse a non-english
speaker as the two terms are so similar.

Antonio

Begin forwarded message:

From: Antonio Aparicio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 19 May 2004 22:23:59 GMT+02:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Anyone still using WIndows ME?

Hi Henri, thanks for your message. I think you are confusing two separate things.

1) the quality of the windows OS (I believe it is sub-standard, poor quality, etc. - others on this list beleive it is fab).

2) The prevalence of windows OS as the "standard" or industry standard OS in the world at present.

It is quite possible for Windows to be both sub-standard (i.e. poor quality) and the industry standard (i.e. OS that most folks use).

Antonio

On 19 May 2004, at 22:00, Henri Toivonen wrote:

Antonio Aparicio wrote:
<>
>I have said all along that Windows is a sub-standard OS.
>Below an established or required standard IS poor quality in English.

Okey, Fact #1: Windows is the standard of todays workstation operating systems.

You say: Windows is sub-standard, ie. below an established standard.

I give up, back to the ignore-list you go.
You should give up too and just face the fact that you won't get along with the people on this list.

/Henri