Oh, and I forgot to post a couple of days back: the transparent plastic
> snap down cover thingy from Minolta's older AF cameras is also present
> in the P&S AF-V that I have from them, and I agree, it is miraculous,
> and it is beyond me why they stopped using it.

I was about to comment on that one.
I just loaded my wife's camera (Minolta AF-S) with film.
It's genious, pure genious. Pull the film out of the canister, close the
clear plastic cover over it, the motor winds it partially, close the rear
cover, film gets advanced to the first frame.

On another note, I remember Consumer's Distributing selling the Prakticas as
their high end cameras. Those angled shutter releases are unmistakeably
Praktica.

Jeff