----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Reynolds"
Subject: Re: Praktica LTL, was: suggested student cameras?

> I dunno, but I'll tell you, the Praktica style loading system
is much
> easier (and much more reliable, if you can believe it) than
the Pentax
> Magic Needle or whatever the hell that thing is called.

I actually like the Magic Noodle system. It is definitely a step
up from the old slotted spindle, which I found to be a disaster.
The Praktica has the two wires attached to the spool right? Or
is that Zenit? Anyway, I have never had a problem with loading a
camera with the Magic Noodles. Umm, may be a dumb question, but
do you put the film cassette into the camera before putting the
film into the take-up? It is much harder to load a camera that
way.
William Robb