On 10 Jun 2004 at 14:50, alexanderkrohe wrote:

> Sure shooting newspapers, brick walls, roof tops and
> filigree branches in bright back light gives
> important insights into the properties of the optics.
> But I think such tests are overrated - the actual
> "image impression" in practical use is IMO much more
> relevant .

I'll make a pair of images for comparison over the weekend using the FA24/2 and
FA31/1.8. I'll shoot a detailed scene, same settings and tripod mounted using
my *ist D, I'll make the results available to anyone who cares.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998