Indeed, my local independent dealer is so impressed with the Manfrotto 390
Junior that he will no longer order alternative low-end models from Bogen
or, I believe, other brands. He owns lots of fancy equipment, including
medium-format, but told me, "If I were starting out today, this is the
tripod I would buy." To me, one of its most attractive features is its
off-the-shelf ability for its center post to be quickly reconfigured as a
horizontal macro arm.

Tanya wrote:

I just purchased the Manfrotto 390 Junior Tripod (I think the model number
is different in the US).  ... I am soooo happy that I chose this one.  It
is incredibly easy to use and has the Manfrotto level of construction while
being inexpensive too.  I have purchased two more quick release plates for
my other cameras at au $25 each, and it is all that I need.

Paul Franklin Stregevsky