Nicely done.

As for the "art" part, a photograph can elicit a purely sensual
response like food that tastes good or music that is pleasing to the
ears.  Some combinations of color, detail, geometry, etc. are simply
pleasing to the eye.  Some may also trigger memories.  OTOH, some photos
make a social commentary or at least challenge you to think about some
particular issue.   I think art must include both categories.  I would
argue that many of the great B&W landscapes fall into the same category
as the "bug" shots, i.e., well composed, technically good, and pleasant
to look at.  The landscapes may also evoke certain feelings, although
that will vary wildly with the state of the observer.

I will also admit the following.  I am more attracted to technically
superior, geometric, visually intriguing shots that I am to "random
people in the street" pictures.  This is only a tendency, however, as
there are many photos I like from the latter category as well.  My point
is that "art" has long included the purely sensual, and it's impractical
to leave it out of the definition of art.

Just my $0.02 USD   ;-)