El gringo, whoever that is, posted:
> Okay, sure, some art is offensive just to be offensive BUT EVEN IN THOSE
> CASES, it is still ART, it is still SELF EXPRESSION, it is still the RIGHT
> OF THE ARTIST to PROVOKE, INSULT, or otherwise offend ANY GROUP HE OR SHE
> CHOOSES...

Thank you for agreeing that some art is offensive just to be offensive.
I did not say that such art is not art and I did not say it is not still self-
expression.
Of course it is art. Of course it is self-expression. And the artist does
indeed have a right to insult anybody he or she chooses.
Of course, in doing that, such artists are also being rude, and anybody being
insulted has a perfect right to object to being insulted.

> You cannot argue against it, by arguing against it you are a
> hypocrite, because you wish to have your belief heard over theirs, when all
> they want is to have their belief heard, not necessarily above any other
> belief.

I believe that people should not be unnecessarily rude to other people. I am
quite aware that many people do not share this belief. Just for the record,
that is simply MY belief and I claim my right to have that belief heard. The
belief that artists may insult anyone else with impunity was already being
heard.

> I think I pointed out what the meaning of the last supper piece
> with naked black woman probably was, without getting to patronizing, but I
> can patronize you if Thats what it takes...

Why bother to try to patronize me? I'm still right, whether you like it or not:
Apparently as much as you wanted to disagree with what I said, you couldn't. In
the beginning of your post, you agreed with the point I made, and then you
proceeded SHOUT all sorts of objections to things I did NOT say! Well, I did
borrow your phrase about "missing the point" but really, unless you know beyond
any doubt what a particular artist intended a piece to mean, how can you be
certain who did and who did not miss the point?
Note that I said I knew nothing whatsoever about this particular artist and
what she intended with this particular piece of work (which I have not examined
closely). I said I was making a general comment.

The rest of your post can pass without response from me since it has absolutely
nothing to do with anything I wrote.