Hohum, I HAD, previous to this, been enjoying this really interesting,
thought provoking, and at times, funny thread.  HOWEVER, can't you people
see that us all having different opinions is just the thing that makes the
world an interesting place to live in?!?  I probably have extremely
different opinions to most of you here, and if I feel like it, I may voice
them from time to time, HOWEVER, I do not judge somebody because their
opinion differs from mine, and I would appreciate the same respect for the
opinions that I have formed myself.  I listen to it, I note it, and I say to
myself "well, good on them for being able to think for themselves instead of
being some kind of pack animal".  If we all thought the same, and agreed on
everything, what a boring world this would be...

I love heated discussions, whether it be on photography, politics, religion,
naked pics (hehe!), WHATEVER, but why does it have to deteriorate it to some
undiginfied, egotistical, mudslinging and insult throwing competition every
time?  Can't we all just agree to disagree and leave it at that? We seem to
pride ourselves on showing just how educated we are on such matters on this
list, and then go and negate it all by acting like a bunch of vulgar
neanderthals! (and I am not referring to anyone in particular here, before
you all go getting offended by that comment!)

I love it when people disagree with me, and I always respect their opinions
and their right to *have* a different opinion from mine.  In many cases,
people offering me their different opinions has opened my mind and taught me
to "think outside the box".  Jeez, think of it this way - there are many
hundreds (maybe thousands?) of religions in this world - most of whom vastly
different  beliefs, if every person in everyone of those religions really
took things to task and wanted to pursue the fact that *they* were they only
ones who could possibly be correct in their beliefs, then we would all be
trying to kill each other!  (We don't need to start a discussion about past
and ongoing religious wars here, it was just an example).  Or to take the
emphasis off religion, if I hate peas, but ERN loves them, does that make
her right and me wrong? Or vice versa? The age old argument about abortion
is a classic one - I personally could never do it, and disagree with it
wholeheartedly, but who am I to say what another person can or cannot
believe or do with their body and what's in it etc? (again, not trying to
start an argument here, it's just an example!)

Lets just have some interesting, thought provoking discussions, whatever the
topic may be, and make it a rule that we won't let our friggin' egos get in
the way and start calling each other childish names, shall we?

tan. *the peace loving hippy chic* (well, my name is "fairygirl" for a
reason, you know! hehe.)