Joseph Tainter checked his mailbox everyday for four months for lenses that
never came then wrote:

"I am frustrated beyond description about being unable to buy the lenses I
want. I need them soon. Why is Pentax doing this?"

"I am puzzled that few on the list seem to think this is something worth
discussing. If Pentax is unwilling or unable to produce gear that we want,
it seems to me that topic should be pretty important. What does it signify?
Is Pentax melting down, or regrouping to be a much smaller player?"

"I am beginning to wonder if I will have to get out of Pentax and buy Canon.
Financially it would be hard for me, but if Pentax cannot supply lenses,
what reason is there to stick with them?"

I've had some of the same thoughts. I am beginning to suspect that Pentax is
not shipping any lenses and their entire lens line is going on backorder as
current inventory is depleted. B&H and Adorama both show numerous Pentax
lenses as being backordered and they have been for quite some time. The only
new Pentax lens KEH lists at all is the 28-80 FA J zoom. They've apparently
sold off their entire inventory of new Pentax lenses except that unit.

Possible explanations that come to mind:

demand has suddenly skyrocked and Pentax can't ship fast enough (yeah right)
labor troubles, political troubles at their lens assembly plant
withholding supply from US until currency exchange rates improve
Pentax is having cash flow problems
Pentax has a problem with parts supply (plausible if K mount hardware is the
issue)
Pentax is in the process of moving their assembly operations and the move
has disrupted operations
Pentax is failing as a company

there are probably other equally plausible explanations. I share your
frustration.

Tom Reese