As I said, a hairshirt (grin).

However, do not misunderstand me, I greatly admire HCB's work.

It is just that I have seen so many times where a gimic and relentless publicity have resulted in a belief by the public that someone is special. HCB, is special because of his ability to capture what he felt about a scene, not because he never cropped (which is BS on the face of it).

Not that I don't wish I had known the gimic + publicity thing back when I was trying to make a living with photography (grin).

--

frank theriault wrote:

Maybe the decision not to crop is a mindset based on emotion more that rationality. Maybe it's just a different way of looking at things. Maybe it's just one part of a much larger methodology.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html