Hey for once I agree with Pål! Mostly.

Tom C.

From: Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: So What's So Great About HCB? Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 21:09:35 +0200

Shel wrote:

As opposed to assholes with macros taking closeups of bugs and flowers with
(D)SLR's that only show a portion of the frame?

REPLY:

Thse assholes are at least not pretentious assholes claiming they make a statement socially, or about the meaning of life and the fate of the universe with their contentsless and boring images.

Don't get me wrong, HCB was a fantastic photographer but his followers into the "street photography" thing has created the most clichè-filled body garbage in photography. Shooting someone poor and you suddenly made a social statement. Give me a break! Even dirty porn pictures makes more relevant statements.

Give me a sunset any day. It doesn't pretend anything.

Pål