Jens Bladt a écrit :

I have seen my investment in K mount lenses go out the window
when Pentax decided against full compatibility.

How does K & M lenses/non-A work on the *ist D (firmware 1.1. installed)?
Do I have to focus and shoot stopped down (like with an old, preset lens) -

1- You focus on wide open lens, you can use AF as focus assistant (central point only)
2- You push teh green button: the lens clos to real aperture, the meter work, the lens open.
3- You shot !!

with a dark vievfinder?

No, very clear !

What else wount work?

AF don't work (sure!)

I have five or six very nice K or M lenses (35-300mm) that I would want to
keep on using.

Now, you have a 50-450 range lenses !

Michel