It's actually far better than using a screw lens on a macro body. It's more akin to using a camera in manual exposure mode.
Pressing the green button is quick and easy, and allows you to focus and frame at full aperture, which you can't do with a screw mount lens without fiddling with the auto switch on the lens.

John