tom wrote:

>I like the way the chromogenic looks for some things, but I never use it.

Hey Tom,

I used to use the chromogenics only for people shots. I really like how they
render skin tones. A couple of weeks ago, I took a few rolls along to do
some nature shooting. The light wasn't great so I wanted the speed (I wanted
to shoot handheld) and I didn't have any 400 speed color film. Well, lo and
behold, the sun comes out shining bright and hard. I was fairly concerned
about the results but when I picked up the contact sheets, I was simply
amazed at how well XP2 Super handled the hard light. It seemed to give the
right amount of kick (contrasty like APX 25).
I am concerned about the lack of archival stability so for important shots,
I definitely use conventional B&W...

Mark