J. C. O'Connell wrote on 9/15/2004, 2:15 PM:

 > I am very curious as to how the *istD could EVER fully
 > support the K/M mount lenses when it doesn't have the
 > sorely missed aperture sensing cam, a $10 part found
 > even in the cheapie K1000. Without knowing the relative
 > aperture setting , how can the camera ever do open aperture metering?
 > JCO

It's called a work-around.  or a kludge if you will.  It works and works
well considering.

If ANYONE thinks Pentax will support non "A" lenses in the future,
you're insane.  All the signs are there and have been for the past year
and a bit.   Do I like it? No.  Can I do anything about it? No.

--
Christian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]