[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>It does what amounts to aperture priority with a simple push of the green button.
>It will set the shutter speed automatically, so you really have only one motion to
>complete, pushing the button. I don't understand why some feel this is difficult.
>I do it in situations with constantly changing exposure and have never experienced
>a problem or felt inconvenienced.

As has been pointed out by others, using K and M lenses on the ist-D
is much simpler than using K and M lenses on a KX or MX - cameras for
which these lenses were originally intended.

Anyone who has difficulty using K/M lenses on an ist-D needs to get
out and practice manual shooting with an MX, K1000 or Spotmatic.