On 17 Sep 2004 at 1:49, John Forbes wrote:

> For various reasons, Pentax now designs cameras that require the aperture  to be
> set on the camera.  Once one is used to it, this works very well.  I  am sure
> you would agree that the time must come at some point where Pentax  are
> justified in abandoning the old mechanical linkage.  They think the  time is now
> (or rather, a couple of years ago for some camera bodies).   You think the time
> is not now, but what you are asking them to do is to  incur greater
> manufacturing cost to avoid minor inconvenience for a few  users.  And I do mean
> "minor", and I do mean a "few".

I beg to differ, the only way that I can produce very consistent results WRT
exposure is to set the aperture from the lens, setting from the body appears to
be accurate but the actual aperture isn't always stopped down by the prescribed
amount. I guess the EOS in lens motor driven aperture is a whole lot more
accurate and reliable. I don't mind being relegated to a minority but I really
hate being told what's good for me, surely I should know?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998