On Sep 16, 2004, at 9:16 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

I beg to differ, the only way that I can produce very consistent results WRT
exposure is to set the aperture from the lens, setting from the body appears to
be accurate but the actual aperture isn't always stopped down by the prescribed
amount.

Perhaps you're doing something wrong? My shots with A and FA lenses are as accurate in terms of exposure as are my shots with M and K lenses, where I set aperture on the lens. Even when you set aperture on the lens, you're relying on a mechanism to stop it down when you release the shutter. Is the mechanical linkage more accurate than an electro mechanical device? I doubt it.
Paul