The FZ-3 has been reviewed by Digital Photography Review(tm) and by the
Digital Camera Resource page:

  http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz3/
  http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_fz3-review/index.shtml

The FZ-20 has been reviewed by the Digital Camera Resource page and Steve's
Digicams:

   http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_fz20-review/index.shtml
   http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/fz20.html

All of these reviews have original-size JPEG images available for your
perusal.  On the Digital Camera Resource Page you can compare images that
were taken at the same time with the FZ-3, FZ-20, and Canon EOS-20D.  My
impression is that the Panasonic/Leica lens is amazingly good, and Panasonic
didn't screw up the images with bad post-processing.  As expected, the small
imager yields more shadow noise than the EOS-20D.  Chromatic aberration and
purple fringing is noticably absent.

Let's face facts.  The FZ-20 lens goes from 36mm to 432mm equivalent 35mm
focal lengths, and it maintains F2.8 throughout the range.  Add image
stabilization and a pretty good manual focus capability (I played with one
in a store and found it amazingly easy to use) and you have a camera that
gives capabilities unmatched by any digital SLR.  As I see it, its main
weakness is shadow and high ISO noise that is unavoidable with a small
sensor.

With the addition of the (not cheap) wide-angle converter, I wouldn't
hesitate to use one as my primary travel camera.  I can't imagine a better
safari camera for an amateur (i.e., not willing to lug a 20D or F100 and
300mm F2.8 lens around) photographer.  In fact, as I write this my mom is on
safari in South Africa with her FZ-1 (the predecessor to the FZ-3).  I'm
looking forward to the pics!

--Mark