Recently Chris Brogden wrote:

> There's always web-based mail.  Purpleturtle.com, for example, is
> structured like hotmail but they donate 20% of their advertising revenue
> to sea turtle conservation.  I'm sure there's other good ones out there,
> too.

Well, at the very minimum I need a way of donloading all received mails
with a single action, then work out the answers off-line, and send all
replies again with a single action.  Basically, an IMAP or POP3 account,
like Netscape mail.  This I already have with phred.org, the site that
hosts the KMP.

But if I were to lose that account, I don't think that the web-based mail
providers provided IMAP or POP3.  Is there such a provider in Germany?  I
need to catch up on the topic...

Anyhow, I mourn the loss of the purdue.edu account.

Cheers,
Boz