Steve Jolly wrote:

Mishka wrote:

but of course!
and if you are at it, i would really want to understand how 6 million
pixels (36M of information)
can be grown to 24 (to get a 144M file).

care to explain (i'll do my best to understand)?

It's the process of "resing-up" an image to a resolution suitable for printing. It adds no extra *information*, but it eliminates distracting pixellation artefacts from the printed photo.

Or so I assume - they're not my images, after all :-)

Sounds about right to me.

Actally, I think what Mishka was driving at was that there seem to be a lot of people out there who don't understand this, i.e. who do seem to think that they get extra information from these processes.

- T