I've been waiting for this to come up again to ask a dumb question.
If an istD is 6MP at 12bits per pixel this would be about 9MB of raw sensor
data.
The .PEF files are a little over 12MB in size.
What information is contained in the additional ~3MB?
Or is the file simply "padded" to 2 bytes per pixel?
This has probably been answered 100 times already but I don't seem to be
able to find a simple answer in the archives.

Don