Frantisek wrote:

Toralf, there is one significantly wrong thing with your math.

As far as I recall, I didn't do any math. I just said that someone who argued that he would only really get 2MP B&W data was perhaps not completely off the mark.

Bayer
array has twice the G pixels as the other ones.

Yes.  I said that too, didn't I?

Second, human eye has the most spatial resolution in green
wavelengths.

Again, the discussion was primarily about black and white...

Third, see some real world examples how sensors can resolve.

It's just different medium, for God's sake, stop the numbers
masturbations! We all had enough of this few years ago, it was REALLY
tiring!

As are people saying just that over again all the time...

I still think that a good lens with good film body will be better in
some areas than equivalent digital slr. But the definition of better
is different to different people.

Good light!
          fra