i saw the image.
i haven't say that "there was no clipping only because it was a grey day".
but what i meant, was something different: you you have a low contrast
day, you can have your histogram shifted to the right (overexposed),
and still have
no clipping of highlights.  and at the same time, your shadows will be
in the higher-bit
range of the samples. this should give an image that can withstand big
adjustments
much better.

best,
mishka