Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's not that I don't trust open aperture metering ... I'm
just trying to
> see if there's any significant difference in results between
open aperture
> and stopped down readings, which is actually incidental to the
original
> intent of comparing two lenses which are said to be the same
optically, one
> of which operates with stop down metering.

Shel,

I don't know if this may help, but it does exist at least a
K-mount body from Zenit (it should be the Zenit 122K) which
meters in stop down with K mount lenses. You may have to look
for it if you want to perform the test you have in mind without
having to operate frankencameras modifications... :-)

Ciao,

Gianfranco

PS: if I may add my thought about your question, my guess is
that you won't find a significant difference comparing the
metering in stop down to the open aperture metering unless
there's a certain amount of imprecision of the aperture.

=====
_