Hi Shel,

Yesterday I was in the Camera World store here in
Oregon, and they gave me a free cd from Photoflex
about lighting.  I'm looking for studio/strobe lights.
 The CD-ROM was very helpful.  They have numerous
samples and one them showed how they photographed a
minature car.  It is very detailed with regards to
digital set up, ie white balance, etc. But it also
goes thru their selection of f-stops, lights, shutter
speed, etc. that shows how the photo changes with each
change.

The minature car sample was interesting as they were
able to make it look like a real car.

Might be of some value to you, and it is free.  I
would think you would find it at any reasonbly-sized
photo store.

Have a good one...