From: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 7:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: A Question About Macro Lenses

On 15 Nov 2004 at 6:25, Lon Williamson wrote:

> I only own older "extension only" macros; from what I gather from
> reading, "zoomy zoom" macros suffer no light falloff when
> close-focusing but may lose a bit of focal length.  Sounds like a good

> trade-off to me.

I'd say that's a pretty accurate assumption WRT FL, my V125/2.5 looks to
be
just a tad over 100mm FL when approaching 1:1 mag. However in a recent
little
test I made comparing my V to an older bellows lens the V seemed to need
about
a half stop extra exposure a any aperture to equal the old lens exposure
wise.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998