Paul Stenquist wrote:

> Hi Ann,
> I remember being able to go into the tower as well. But that was then,
> and this is now. Today, it's part of the North Michigan Avenue
> neighborhood, which is a neighborhood of skyscrapers, big hotels, and
> big money.

I know -- I got to stay at one of them fancy places in 1998 for the National
Scarbble Championship.
THe place I lived as achild is now The Best Western Inn of Chicago.  IT had
been (but you may know,
THe St Clair hotel.

> I'm pleased that the Water Tower is still there, and I can't
> shed too many tears for what used to be. Chicago is so much more than
> it was forty or fifty years ago, and that's a good thing.

Ok, Martha (har)

> Some of the
> old  has been preserved. The rest has perished. But I'm thankful for
> what remains, and I enjoy photographing it in its new environment.
> Paul

I thought it unfortunate that so many boring high rises went up farther north
, along the lake,
blocking out the lake access we had back then and the view of the lake...
When the old Edgewarter Beach
Hotel was torn down - that was sad for me, it was so handsome...

Btw I'm using Mozilla to browse now so my photo-net woes are over... wow what
a difference!

ann