Alin Flaider mused:

>   [.  .  .  .]
>   With regard to aperture-set-from-the-lens implementation: in manual
>   mode one can only check out the difference from metered exposure by
>   pressing the DOF lever; there is no provision for automatic setting
>   of the speed value like the *ist d does. Too bad, it renders old
>   lenses almost useless.

Are you sure?  The first reports on the *ist-Ds that were posted here
said that this ability was available (though by pushing the AE-L button,
since there is no "green button")

Maybe when somebody actually gets a *ist-Ds we'll know the real story.

I know there's no mention of it in the manual.  But there's no mention
of "green button" mode in the *ist-D manual, either.