Yeah, you're probably right.
My Pentax cameras are professional enough for me. If they weren't I'd buy
some that are.

I use photographs for professional reasons. About 75% of what I shoot is not
for my own use, but part of my work - for presentations, books, posters,
adds, web sites etc. I've shot app. 7000 shots in the last 2? months.
Mostly for work.

I am a pro - not photographer, but a city planner. I don't make a living
from photography alone. But photographing is a part of what I do. I am not
dependant on super fast AF or a very high resolution (like a sports
photographer or a nature photographer). I do wild life/landscape only as a
hobby. I believe cameras like the MZ-S and *ist D are just right for me.
Pentax is not too expensive, and if not the prefered brand among pro's, it
still has close to "state of the art" features and a professional user
interface. And a lot of excellent lenses are available. Pentax makes more
cameras and lenses than I can afford, anyway.

Cameras like the MZ-S, *ist D, 6x7II and 645n are all pro-featured, very
durable and well made cameras. And Pentax doesn't change models every year,
which suits me just fine. Some of them are even a pleasure to my eyes and
hands :-)

I guess my point is: You don't need the best or most expensive or
sofisticated car in the world to be a TAXI driver. A Mercedes will do just
fine.

Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt