From: Jon Glass [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 3:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Good "normal" lens for the *ist-en?

What with all the recent discussion on "best" lenses, etc. I've been
wondering....

What would make a good "normal" lens for an *istD or *istDS? I'm not
looking of "best" but what lenses made by Pentax would give a good
image, comparable to something like 50/1.4 or 50/1.7? What wide angle
lenses would make good "replacements" For reference, I'm not thinking
AF, but rather something older, even screw-mount. To confess, the more
I think of adapting an ancient screw-mount lens to digital, the more
intriguing it sounds. :-) (partly the beauty of putting such an ancient
lens on such modern technology, partly just the challenge of it, and
only lastly "price.") :-)

In this case, I suppose, the more the merrier, not the _one_ "best." :-D
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland