On 1/12/04, John Francis, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I guess you'll just have to give in, and support Canon in
>their drive to take over the entire photography universe.

It helps that they are giving people what they want. I have a Canon
S9000. It takes 6 individual ink tanks (black plus five colours), and if
the low ink warning appears, I open the lid, the head slides out, I
retrieve the specified tank, and if I think it could still do a couple of
prints yet, I slot it back in and carry on.

I bought it used and at three years old the head was clogging a bit, so I
bought a brand new head for about 50 GBP (just under 100 USD) and popped
it into the head assembly - very quick and my printer has a new leas of
life. It is very fast, very quiet and the results continually amaze me.

I had a Stylus Photo EX before the S9000, and the Epson was noisy and
slow, and the head clogged continually if inactive for more than a week
at a time. I would not consider another Epson at this time.

HTH

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__