On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:25:40 -0600, William Robb wrote:

> I expect you are right, but I also have heard that it is easier to
> get good quality scans from negative film.

Hmmm.  I suspect that may be based on the type of photos you usually
take.  For me, slide films work better for one simple reason: my
scanner picks up a lot more grain noise in dark areas.  That means that
the skies on all of my negative film end up looking like some sort of
pointillist nightmare instead of a smooth blue gradation.  Skies make
up a lot of my shots, since I'm doing primarily automobile road racing.
 What dark areas exist in my photos I can usually smite pretty easily
in PS, as needed.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ