"William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>From: "John Francis"
>

>> I'd bet that for the majority of slides shot over the last decade
>> the prime use is to make a digital scanned image. A digital image
>> capture device removes two steps from the process (developing and
>> scanning), not to mention eliminating the need for expensive
>> one-use materials.
>
>I expect you are right, but I also have heard that it is easier to
>get good quality scans from negative film.

I've always shot 90% slides as opposed to negs and never projected a
single slide! It's print output for me. Indeed, most professional slide
film use is intended for print output one way or another.
And I've always had better results scanning slides than negs. Perhaps
it's just my greater experience with slides...

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing