In a message dated 12/31/2004 9:09:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Can someone point me to a URL on how to post photos to
the various Pentax galleries?  Also, is it possible to
just up-load photos, or do I have to have them posted
on a web site first?  If that is the case, does anyone
have a suggestion for a cheap (maybe even free) place
to post photos?  It seems like P-Base is the most
popular?

TIA!
==============
If you are on something like AOL or another common ISP, you usually have a
certain amount of FTP allotted to you. You have to learn how to access it,
create your own HTML pages, add the photo (scan or digital). Make your photos
jpgs
about 800X600 pixels so they will load quickly for others.

You can make an index page with thumbnails of all your PAWs and PESOs. Or you
can do what I do, just throw up a photo now and then, then later delete the
page and photo (I start running out of ftp space).

There are also photo services on the Net such PhotoNet and others (free and
not), where you can post your photos. The best way to become familiar with them
is just look at the urls when people post their photos on this list. I think
about every service is used on this list. When you look at others' photos you
see if you like the way the service lays out things.

HTH, Doe aka Marnie