Juey Chong Ong wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2004, at 12:46 AM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
>
> > My ex husband, Bob Sanfedele and his wife are in Chaingmai, Thailand -
> > a long way north
> > of Phukit - got email from them that they were safe, but feilt the
> > quake.  Was much relieved.
>
> I was also in Thailand when it hit. The only thing I can say is we were
> fortunate to have chosen a beach on the other coast and didn't even
> feel a thing.

Wow - not even a tremor?

> Then it felt really surreal as the death toll announced
> on the news increased with each hour. Are there any other PDML members
> in affected areas?
>
> For those interested in contributing to the relief effort, I've found
> two interesting sites taking donations

(snip)
Ann replies:
LIke Paul , I wouldn't tie in any donation of mine to anything that gave me
either a tax write-off or made any sort of offer whatsoever.  I just called
the
Red Cross and used a credit card for a small amount, what I could manage.
I think it is a pretty safe way to make sure your dollars are going to help.

Glad you are ok Juey --

Best,
ann