I hope someone can answer a question about my Spotmatic F.
Is the SMC Takumar the correct lens for the Spotmatic F?
        And if so, is it normal to feel resistence when screwing
the lens on?

Here's why I'm asking:

        My Spotmatic F came with a SMC Takumar 55mm f 1.8 lens.  I
assume (perhaps wrongly) that it's the original lens.  But
when I screw it on, I meet resistence (back-pressure) just
before the lens is completely screwed in.  I apply a slight
pressure and the lens screws in completely, and works fine.

        I also have a Super Takumar 55mm f1.8 that *didn't* come
with the camera, but it actually connects more easily to the
camera.  No resistence, no back pressure.

        This seems to be because the two lenses are different on
the back.

        The Super has only the little pin that actuates the
diaphragm.  Nothing else.

        The SMC also has the pin, but on the opposite side of the
mount there is a long slot with a metal lever of some kind
sticking up.

        I can't tell what the lever is supposed to do, but it is
somehow connected to the f-stop ring, because when I turn
the ring, the lever moves with it.  I suppose this has to do
with the stop-down metering.

Thank you for your time.
--Robert