To Bill's very correct answer, I might add that you will eventually find
that the open aperture metering of the typical SMC screw mount lens
makes it much easier to work with. The Super Multi Coating makes the
lens much more resistant to flare. These are great lenses. Finally,
there are a few SMC screwmount lenses (but only a very few) that do not
have the open aperture metering hardware. The one that comes to mind is
the SMC Tak 85-210 zoom.
Paul