A big thank you to those who answered my question (below)
about the SMC Takumar.
In addition, you taught me a lot of other very interesting
things about Spotmatics at the same time.

Now here's a question I'm sure is pretty dumb (but I'm
willing to admit ignorance if it helps me learn):

QUESTION: Is the Pentax K1000 the same camera as the
Spotmatic F, except for the lens mount not being a screw
mount?

Or are there other substantial differences?

Thank you.