"Provencher, Paul M." wrote:

> The tab you spoke of "tells" the meter what aperture is selected so that the
> meter can read the correct brightness and display the meter needle in
> correct position.  All this happens as you use the f-stop ring and shutter
> speed dial.

What I glean from this is that the coupling of the lens to the
camera is mechanical, and the lens tells the camera what its widest
aperture is and at what aperture it will expose the film.  But it's
the meter that reads the light, and the meter should respond to the
light, not that the lens is telling the camera it's at some
particular aperture.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]