Paul,  that's all well and good, but my point is quite simply this: I have
not yet SEEN a digi-photoshop-inkjet print that equals or betters  a high
quality (exhibition quality, if you'd like) B&W print made on fiber based
silver paper.  People keep telling me about them, but I've not yet seen
one.  I've been to shows and exhibitions here, have seen numerous prints
made by many photographers, but have yet to see an actual print that
compares with or betters a high quality silver fiber-based B&W print.

When someone like Godfrey says he's doing his best work ever, all I can do
is shrug since there's no point of comparison.  It means not a whit to me
that he's been involved in photography for forty years.  For all I know his
work could be crap and the people judging it couldn't tell quality from
trash.

You're telling us what Tim Damon said - show me a print.  You're telling us
what you saw.  Show me a print.  Look, I have great respect for you as a
photographer, but only through what I've seen on the web.  Your idea of
quality and mine may be miles apart, or not.  I am skeptical.

All this does not mean I've not seen some very fine B&W digital work.  I
have.  But none has come up to the quality I'd like to see.

True, you will be making some prints and sending them my way (as soon as I
get the files off to you), and that may help to determine how close our
concepts of quality are, so it will be  a start.  Meanwhile, the challenge
goes out to everyone on the list: show me a print that equals or betters a
quality silver, fiber-based B&W print made in a wet darkroom.  When I see
one I'll shut up.

Shel