The green button quickly becomes intuitive if one uses K or M lenses
frequently. I use mainly older manual lenses, and I find that metering has
become an automatic part of my picture taking sequence. I hit the button
without really thinking about what I'm doing any time the light changes or I
reframe a shot. I also find myself automatically reframing a bit for the meter
reading if necessary, such as aiming the camera more toward a neutral colored
part of the scene or pointing it down to eliminate some sky. I don't find it to
be an inconvenience in any way.
Paul