On 24 Jan 2005 at 19:54, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Quoting Rob Studdert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > I have the same problem with vinyl audiophiles....
>
> Oh NO!
> (shakes head)
> It's been my observation that the only thing nastier than a film vs. digital
> flame war is a digital audio vs. analogue audio flame war that breaks out on a
> tangent to the film vs. digital ones. *Those* are even nastier than the
> computer
> platform flame wars. Hoping against all hope this doesn't happen here again

LOL, I have great vinyl and digital gear and I appreciate both. I'd much rather
have a HDD full of MP3s in my car as I head off into a long drive than a stack
of vinyl :-)

The problems occur (like in the film vs digital wars) when users can't
accept/understand the limitations of their techniques/equipment. It helps being
an electronics/audio/broadcast engineer with keen eyes and ears :-)

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998